WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Monday 31 October 2016

In The Pink


I'm so excited to tell you this week I'm been asked to be the guest designer over at the
Crafty Boots Challenge
which I'm honoured about.
This fortnight their challenge theme is 
In The Pink
for Breast Cancer Awareness.

In New Zealand it's Pink October for Breast Cancer Awareness and in November is Blue November for Prostrate Cancer and on the last Friday in August we have Daffodil Day.  I remember this well as my oldest son was born on a Daffodil Day.  

This card is a tribute to my sister who past away earlier this year with Lung Cancer.  I can see her now laughing at Stella, and after Radiation and Chemotherapy my sister lost her crown and glory of beautiful dark brown hair and it grew back grey with very tight curls. 

So I do hope Stella and her bra and boobs makes everyone smile.


If you look closely you'll see that there are boobs in the bra as they have been mounted with double sided foam tape.

Challenges I'm Entering:
1. Whoopsi Daisy Digi Challenge Die Cuts and Punches *
2. Dream Valley Challenge # 143 One For The Girls *
3. Crafty Girls Corner Challenge # 95 Anything Goes    TOP 5
4. Lemon Shortbread Challenge #27 Anything Goes *
5. Little Miss Muffet Challenge #149 Anything Goes *
6. The Pencil Case Challenge Week # 31 Anything Goes *
7. Sweet Stampin Challenge Inspired by A Book, A Film or Song *
"Whole Lotta Rosie" by AC/DC From Let There Be Rock 1977
8. Crafty Friends Challenge # 43 Anything Goes *
9. Cute Card Thursday Challenge # 449 Lace and or Pearls *
10. Southern Girls Challenge Pop It Up  TOP 5
The Bra is popped out with foam

Card Recipe:

1. Base: White Linen Card.
2. Coloured Card: Petal Soft Bazzill
3. Design Paper: Digi Download from Bearly Mine which is closed down now.

4. Image: Stella Peeker Braless by Bugaboo Digi Stamps
5. Colour Medium: Copics 



6. Tools Used:


7. Glossy Accents: This was used for Stella's Bra, I painted over with Glossy Accents to give it a shinny appearance.


8. Versa Color Ink: 134 Petal Pink this was dusted around the edges of the finished image.


8. Dies Used.

a. Classic Circles by Spellbinders
b. Lacy Circles by Spellbinders
c. Dandelions
d. Delicate Dollies by Spellbinders 

9. Embellishments:
a. Silver metal corners from Wild Orchids Crafts
b. Pink Heart gems from Rosies Studios, silver braid from my stash, Dandelion Die, Pink Flat Backed Pearls and an assortment of pink flowers from my stash.
c. Silver metal corners from Wild Orchids Crafts
d. Silver braid from my stash, Dandelion Die, Pink Flat Backed Pearls and an assortment of pink flowers from my stash.
e. Stella's Bra was paper pieced and the pink rose is from my stash.
f. Pink Sequins and White lace from my stash.


10. Inside: Here's the inside of my card you can see now how pretty that design paper is.



11. Back:  The back of my card.


Take care everyone thanks for visiting my blog, wishing you a wonderful week and happy crafting everyone.



13 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

Thank you so much for being Crafty Boots Guest Designer, I just love your card. It is perfect to raise awareness of breast cancer, with that amazing image and all of those fabulous pinks. At the same time your design is so pretty and faminine with all of the flowers and heart gems. Stunning Kathie.

Dionne

Dee's Craft Room said...

PS I was so saddened to read about your sister but it is wonderful that you have so many happy memories of her. Your story reminded me of my nephew, who developed cancer when he was 19. All his life he had hated his ginger hair, inevitably it all dropped out and when it grew back it was brown. He said that God gave him cancer to get rid of his ginger hair!

Lisa Lynn said...

Congrats on being a guest - not surprised you make amazing cards. Love the shimmery hanger. Your card is beautiful. Those corners are gorgeous metal and flowers.

Wendy L said...

Wonderful card for this cause, thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends, xxx

anne said...

Congratulations on your GDT spot Kathie. This card is absolutely gorgeous, such a fabulous image and beautiful flowers.
Your mention of your sisters hair reminded me of when my brother had his chemotherapy, his hair also grew back with waves and our mum asked him if it was a wig! Apparently he was a little indignant. :)
Hugs
Anne
xx

Chris said...

What a lovely tribute to your sister! A fabulous card, so pretty and feminine but great fun too....love the added dimension!
Thanks for sharing this fabulous make with us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Kuni said...

What a wonderful card.
Hugs
Kuni
my new challenge blog start on the 10th novemver and i hope to see you.
http://sweetstamperschallenge.blogspot.de/

Crafting Suzie's Creations said...

Lovely card thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy Challenge Hugs Sue DT xx

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with your lovely card…
Please join us again next time. Good luck!
[Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Lin said...

This is just gorgeous, so much fabulous detail and perfect for our
'One for the Girls' challenge.

I giggled at the final line under the challenge list (the bra was popped out with foam) - as indeed they so often were in my youth before the advent of breast enhancement surgery!

Lin
Dream Valley

Bev said...

A really pretty card. Thank you for joining in with us at The Pencil Case.

Chrissy said...

Fabulous and inspiring..love your project.
Thank you so much for joining in and sharing with us at Southern Girls..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Karen Oliver said...

Such a great card. Funny and meaningful at the same time with a lovely story behind it. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls.