WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD
Wednesday, 26 January 2011
Thursday, 20 January 2011
3 1/4 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 pkg yeast
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 T wheat gluten
2 T Mrs. Dash
(I didn't have Mrs. Dash so I used 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp basil, 1/2 tsp rosemary, 1/2 tsps garlic salt)
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup water
2 eggs, beaten In a bowl, mix 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, wheat gluten, and Mrs. Dash together. Set aside. Heat butter, water and milk just until the butter is melter. Remove from heat, cool slightly. Add eggs and liquid mixture together. Add liquid to the flour mixture and stir together. Add another cup of flour and mix together. Then add just a little more flour until it is no longer too sticky. Then sprinkle olive oil on your dough and a little around the bowl. Cover with a light weight dish towel. Let dough rise double in size in a warm location or in a 100 degree oven or less. Punch down and roll out into a rectangle. Sprinkle grated cheese lengthwise down the middle of the dough. Cut slits on both sides of the cheese for braiding.I should have taken pictures of this....sorry! Bake 375 degree for 17-21 minutes. Enjoy!
Wednesday, 19 January 2011
My team mates have made some incredible cards
this week with some of DigiStamp Boutique images
Base: White SU
Board: Aqua Bazzill
Design Papers: Aqua Stitched paper made in India that's the end of the sheet. Pink & Aqua paper from Rosies Studios. Aqua spots from Magnolia papers, corrugated board from my stash.
Images: Emily and Emile from DigiStamp Boutique
Colour Medium: Copics
Tools: Cuttlebug, Classic Squares, Pop Dots, Balloon Punch, Chalk for ears.
Embellishments: Ribbons, Gems and Craft wire from my stash.
Emile and his Balloon
Wishing everyone a fun week of crafting.
Monday, 17 January 2011
My darling husband William and myself.
My wonderful boys Liam on the left and Ryan on the right.
Friday, 14 January 2011
I've returned this week from the beach and look what I've got......I received 2 blog awards how exciting is that!!! The first award is from Sharon and the other is from Deanne, both from my design team over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. What a lovely thought as both of these ladies are just so talented and each week they inspire me with their work and creativeness which I learn from and admire.
Now the rules in accepting this blog award are to tell 8 things about me that you probably don't know and then pass along the award to 8 other blogger's that I think are fantastic! Isn't that part fun?!! So let's get started:
- I am a full-time mum at home, but because of my back ground I work from home for my darling husband, doing all of his accounting, web-site maintenance and paying wages to his staff. Prior to giving up work I worked for an American Company for 10 years.
- I have two wonderful children, both are amazing boys that I'm just so so proud of. Liam starts boarding school on the 1st February he's 11 and a quarter and Ryan will be a Year 5 at our local Primary School he's 9 and a quarter and will be a senior this year at his junior school. Both boys love their sports Soccer, Cricket, Touch Rugby, Swimming and Surf Life Saving. Liam is a very talented swimmer being one of the top 6 for his age in our county.
- I've been married to William now for 12 years he is Irish and comes from County Wicklow in Ireland.
- I'm on my Son's School Board of Trustees, helping manage our school. I also umpire and coach Cricket and I manage my sons Soccer Team and in my spare time I am also a director of two Companies.
- I am the youngest of 7 children, I have 3 brothers all living in New Zealand and I have 3 sisters all living in Australia.
- I love card marking as this is my time to sit, think and relax with wonderful coloured papers, inks, ribbons and all of the other embellishments I use. I have also done Cross Stitch, Scrap Booking, Beading, Knitting and Quilting.
- My favourite all time movies would be Titanic and Dirty Dancing and music would be Ronan Keating, The Corrs, Rod Stewart, The Bee Gees, just to name a few.
- My favourite foods far to many to name them all but I'm really a fruit, vegetable, cheese, fish, chicken, steak and a glass or two of wine girl and the occasional G&T in a tall glass with lemon or lime.
Now for the best part - passing along this blog award to 8 other talented people. They are:
The rules for receiving this award are:
Thank and link back to the person who sent this to you.
Share 8 things about yourself
Pass this award on to 8 bloggers
Contact those bloggers and tell them you sent them this award.
Wishing everyone an amazing fun filled weekend.
Hugs to everyone
Wednesday, 12 January 2011
Good morning everyone and what a wonderful summers day we have today!!! That means it's another wonderful Wednesday and that means Sweet Sketch Wednesday. We have a really lovely sketch this week designed by our amazingly talented Arlana.
Gerda the owner of the
I just love them in a vase at this time of year as everything else is dieing with the heat.
Here's hoping everyone has a wonderful week and have fun crafting.
Wednesday, 5 January 2011
Good morning everyone and HAPPY NEW YEAR. Where did 2010 go??? Very quickly!!! 2011 already and here we are on the 5th day of January and you all know what that means it's another Sweet Sketch Wednesday. Hopefully you'll see my post as I'm away at our beach house at present soaking up the summer sunshine and relaxing with my family.
This week Arlana has another wonderful sketch, I love this sketch especially for masculine cards as I always have to make plenty of these in my household as I'm the only female apart from the cat!!!
Now it's time to sit back and enjoy the wonderful creations my team mates have created for you this week. Sit back and enjoy over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
Base: White SU; Paper: Peach from Craft Creations; Design Papers: Fiskers stripes and the green spots from Basic Backgrounds; Image: Skateboard Ethan from Lori' Designs Digital Stamps; Colour Medium: Copics and Silver Gel Pen; Sentiment: Computer generated using Papyrus Font; Embellishments: Ric Rac, Green Paper Clips and Coloured Brads from my stash. Tools: Corner Punch and Pop Dots.
Thanks for all of your wonderful comments and wishing everyone a great New Year and I can't wait to get back as see all of your amazing creations.