WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

WELCOME TO MY LITTLE PART OF THE WORLD

Thank you so much for taking the time out to visit my little part of the world. Please feel free to have a look around and leave me a message. You'll be updated monthly if not sooner as to what I've been up to and see what our amazing Design Team Diva's over at our monthly challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and see what they have created just for you. Thanks so much for looking at my creations which is a special time just for me.
Hugs to everyone
Kathie
xox

Followers: If you like looking at my work become a follower I love you visiting. Hugs Kathie

Wednesday 15 December 2010

"Gone Fishing" Sweet Sketch Wednesday Sketch #80

"Gone Fishing"
Good morning everyone, well what a week!!???!!! If it doesn't rain it pours!!! I've had major computer problems all week and haven't been able to get into blogger to comment on all of those wonderful cards, I do apologise for not commenting but I'll be back with you all this week. I haven't felt very well this week, my doctor changed my medication which hasn't been good, I'm feeling a little bit better today life still goes on. Late last week a good friend of mine lost her brother in a motorbike accident, he was hit by a car and killed instantly so the funeral is tomorrow.
Today is Sweet Sketch Wednesday and it's 11.32pm Wednesday night and I've finally been able to get into Blogger and post my card. Today is my boys last day of school for the year and are now on their summer holidays, so they are off until 1st February 2011. It's still very hot here in New Zealand around about two months too early, some parts of the country have been declared that they are in an official drought already and that is usually January and February so I think we are going to be having a very long hot summer.
Sketch #80
Another wonderful sketch from Arlana this week, isn't it great?

This week our Sponsor is Sally-Ann Hancock
from
DigiStamp Boutique
Sally-Ann is offering the lucky winner this week
6 Digital Images
of the winners choice
It's going to be a really hard decision and there is just so many wonderful images to choose from and there are always new images coming out every month.
Thanks Sally-Ann for being such and wonderful sponsor every month we really appreciate it.
Now hop over to see my teamates and see what they have created for you this week, there are some real yummy cards over at


Card Recipe

Base: Natural base Rosie's Creations

Board: Dark Green and Chocolate Brown Bazzill, Gold foil paper.
Design Papers: K & Company Fishing Lures and Karen Foster Green Fish Texture.
Image: Alf Fishing by DigiStamp Boutique
Colour Medium: Copic, Gold & Silver Gel Pens
Embellishments: Gold and Bronze Brads, Gold Twine and Twine, Gold ring and Button from my Stash.
Tools: Pop Dots, Glue Dots

I really had know idea what papers I was going to use for this card. Last Saturday driving home from Ryan's cricket game I called into one of out local craft stores that was closing down and this is where I came accross these amazing design papers that just worked perfectly for this image. I'm so glad I called in now to see what they had on sale.

I'm entering this card into one challenge this week Cards for Men Challenge #25

Wishing everyone a great week and thanks for all of your lovely comments.
Hugs

15 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Eek - summer holidays for Christmas!! So crazy to hear but I love how different things are across this world!!!

Sorry to hear about your friends brother - such a tragedy. I also hope you are feeling better.

Loving the card hun! What an adorable image - how have I not seen this one - love how you used the gold cord.

Deanne :)

Linda Anderson said...

Totally fabulous card Kathie!!! A super fun image, that's for sure! I'm so sorry to hear you have not been feeling well, that stinks!! Enjoy your week, get better!

Linda

Gina K said...

He's cute! I love the twine and bits of gold.

Arlana 11426 said...

Kathie, I love that fishing image Your papers you used are just so perfect. Love the added metal embelishments. Sallys does come out with so many darling images it very hard to choose. Hope you have a sweet week.

sweetbloominscraps said...

Kathie, Your Gone Fishing card is wonderful! I love the gold accents...which are so perfect with your papers. I also love how you used the gold string for the fishing line! I would love to be enjoying your hot weather! Hope you are feeling better and sorry to hear about your friend's brother. Have a great week!

Jeannie said...

Sorry about all of the madness of your week, but hopefully things are on the upswing now. Your fishing card is just too cute! Take care!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Rachel said...

My goodness Kathie, you've had a tough time recently! I hope things improve for you quickly, that is such sad news about your friend's brother. I know what you mean about medication too - I'm not that happy on my meds at the moment, they are really making me feel lously...but as you say life goes on! Gorgeous card this week, great image and I love all your embellishing! Hope you have a better week. Wedgie xxx

mulberry station said...

Oh Kathie, I am so sorry about your friends brother. That is so hard and such a shock. It is never easy to go through losing a loved one. I am still not over it.
You and I have had the same kind of week. I lost my internet explore yesterday and worked all night trying to get is fixed. I finally got it up and running tonight. I think I would like to be fishing right now. I am so tired. I have had such a marathon this week. Your card reminds me of my dad. He loved fishing. It was one of his favorite things to do. You DP and colors are just perfect for your fun card! Have a wonderful week.
Hugs, Nancy

melody said...

so sorry hear about your friend's brother..hugs and prayers sent your way!

and whoa..love your card chickie ~ ok..and my dh would love it, too ~ yep...he'd love to be 'gone fishing' right about now! love the masculine side of this and your colored image ..well..it's just..funky kewl! awesome work

Sharon Basel said...

Kathie this is fantastic! Such a cute image and ideal papers. Your card reminds me of my brother who is an avid fisherman - I'll have to remember this image when his birthday comes around next year. Your embellishments are gorgeous - love the rustic twine with the polished gold button and spiral. Just an absolutely perfect card all the way around. Stay cool - hard to imagine because it's the exact opposite here-unusually cold and snowy her for this early in the winter!
Hugs,
Sharon

Janneke said...

so cute! love the touches of gold!

Heide said...

What a super guy card, and you have added just the perfect touches, BG paper ,twine and brads.

lbwright22-loopylou said...

Great card- I just love the image and the subtle fish papers you have used. Fab embellishemnts too.
Thanks for the comment on my blog re the cow card with decorations. Sorry though I don't know who the image is by of where to get it from since I won it as a stamped image only on a blog candy earlier in the year. It might be a Penny black image- not sure though.

Jackie Randolph said...

What a fun image Kathie!! Oh the papers are just perfect too!! How lucky for you that you were able to find and on sale too!! This would make a great Summer Christmas card, "Santa's gone fishing" LOL!!
Sorry I am just now getting around to commenting from last week, but it has been crazy here in my house and just not enough time it seems,

I hope you have a wonderful Holiday and get to feeling bettr soon!! So sorry to hear of your friends' lost that is just horrible and to have it happen around the holidays too!! So sad!!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Great card, I love your work!! Thanks for stopping by and leaving me with a wonderful comment :)